Where Kathleen adores the minuette, the Ballet Russes and Crepes Suzette, well, Robin loves her rock and roll, a not-dog makes her lose control -- what a crazy pair!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Has It Really Been a Year?

Hard to believe. I wrote the first post in Mile High Apple on February 21, 2005, sitting at this same computer, at a desk I no longer own. The view, to my right, was out the window and into the back yard. The pine tree that dropped cones and large branches on the lawn, and that I always feared would one day fall on the roof if the wind was strong enough. The garden I battled with and finally lost to. In North Carolina, I am sure, the daffodils are already out, the grass is turning green and the birds are tuning up. I miss it all very badly sometimes. The sound of the train whistle at night, people's accents, the wisteria. My friends. Having an attic to put things that I did not need right at the moment but that might be useful in the future. The illusion that I knew exactly how my life was going to be. How can I miss it all so much and yet be happy here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home