Where Kathleen adores the minuette, the Ballet Russes and Crepes Suzette, well, Robin loves her rock and roll, a not-dog makes her lose control -- what a crazy pair!

Monday, May 08, 2006

treading water (for five minutes)

So my alma mater has decided to end an institution. This is sad to me. I remember how nervous I was about taking the swim test -- my grades were stellar, but I hadn't been for a good swim in years. Being as I've graduated, obviously I did fine (although I apparently touched the wall at some point during treading water and had to call mulligan). In a state with as much coastline as North Carolina, you gotta be able to swim. Oh, well. Hoist a pint of (non-alcoholic for me) beer for the swim test, ladies and gents.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Too bad! I feel strongly that everyone should know how to swim. You never know when you might unexpectedly fall into a body of water. Even in a state without a coastline, like Colorado. But college is too late to be learning. It is one of those life skills that parents should teach children at an early age, along with tying shoelaces and sharing.

10:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home