Where Kathleen adores the minuette, the Ballet Russes and Crepes Suzette, well, Robin loves her rock and roll, a not-dog makes her lose control -- what a crazy pair!

Monday, July 25, 2005

"It's not the heat, it's the humidity"

Robin had to move hundreds of miles away to do it, but she has managed to prove the cliche wrong! Sometimes it really just is the heat. That has to be worth something, right?
The heat in that part of the country actually made the front of the New York Times last week, on a day when all the rest of 1A was terrorists in London and terror worries in New York.(Our personal items now being subject to random search in the subway, for instance) I can't imagine what heat like that must be like. Although the subway platforms some days might be almost that hot -- so hot you feel like you are going to start having visions any minute -- eventually an air-conditioned train comes.
Summer has to start winding to a close, soon, right? Right?
Personally, I feel this has been the longest summer of my life. I feel sweaty and disorganized and anxious. I long for crisp weather and reason to wear sweaters and the end of my probational employment period, which lasts six months but seems to stretch into an uncertain eternity. I am tired of reading about drownings and shootings that seem to figure prominently in the summer life of New York City. I am tired of the smell of garbage.

I also cry when I hear "Carolina In My Mind." Look away, look away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home